Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Proper British Chip Shop

Recently while on holiday near Weymouth I decided to visit the sights of Weymouth. 

This can be quite exhausting if you walk between them - the Park and Ride is far better than taking your car into the town centre with it's limited, expensive parking.

As a result, with lunchtime arriving it was time to search for food and a rest.

Both requirements were satisfied with a stop at the King Edward's Fish and Chips takeaway and restaurant.  In need of a sit down I decided to eat in the restaurant and have to say I was very impressed and would recommend it to others.

The restaurant was clean and inviting and the staff welcoming.  Service was efficient and the food I had - Haddock and Chips - was freshly prepared and very tasty.

I have no connection with the establishment other than as a happy customer.  Judging by the number of customers it is a popular place and I certainly felt that everyone I saw seemed as happy as I was with the experience.

I may be a curmudgeon, but there are times when you have to be positive, and I am pleased to be able to recommend this eatery.  It can be found where King Edward's Road meets the Esplanade.

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I suppose fresh haddock is not easily found in the River Trent or available in Derby (or indeed where I live). Isn't it amazing how in these days when food can be preserved so easily, inland fish and chip shops think they can palm off tasteless stuff masquerading as fish. There is no wonder that the trade is in decline.

    ReplyDelete